'Tis the season and the hustle and bustle is real this year my friends! I am usually SO ahead of the game with my shopping and wrapping done by 1 December. Not this year. I've been last minute running out to stores, online shopping and staying up the past few nights until 3am wrapping and moving that d@mn elf on TOP of everything else.
It is a madhouse out there, but unfortunately, it's a madhouse in my house too.
My 9-year-old has been on and off not feeling great since she got sent home from school Thursday. She seemed better over the weekend (aside from flooding my bathroom with bubbles from 5 Lush bath bombs) but then woke up in the middle of the night peeking at 102.2. This morning my 5-year-old little man spiked a fever and has been projectile vomiting all day. Red puke all over my white carpet. Yeah, it's like that over here.
So, while I want to apologize for not having my newsletter out last night or first thing this morning, my family needed me and my family comes first. I had a few articles I was hoping to push out before Christmas, but at the end of the day, the computer had to stay closed, so my arms could be open for my fam.
That being said, we will be taking a much-needed scheduled holiday break from MacKID until the bulk of the holiday festivities are over on the 28th. All remaining December to Remember giveaways will stay open for daily entries, then we'll give a last call and pull all the winners between the 28th and 31st.
Looking for things to with kids in the South Hills over Winter Break?
1) Do some last minute shopping and support local businesses with our Shop Local Holiday Gift Guide.
2) Enter our December to Remember giveaways DAILY for your chance to win some great prizes!
3) Check out our Holiday Guide to see seasonal and daily event happenings.
4) Cross a new indoor play space or two off your bucket list with 25 indoor play space ideas HERE.
5) Get ticket's to PBT's the Nutcracker
6) Grab your hat and some gloves to explore one of our favorite winter fun spots.
7) Wish for snow and hit some of the best sledding hills in the 'Burgh.
8) Warm up with some hot chocolate while driving around looking at neighborhood light displays.
9) Check the daily event calendar for new events that are being submitted or share with us whate event you are excited for!
10) Altitude in Bridgeville has Junior Jumpers Jam M-F from 11am-1pm though January 15th for kids 6 and under $5.95/child. Take the bigger kids to Jump Happy Holidays where they can jump for any 2 hours for $10 through January 19th. Don’t forget to tell them MacKID sent you ;)
11) Remember that no matter WHAT you chose to do, kids spell love t-i-m-e. There's no better present than to BE present.
Off to snuggle with my sick kiddos and to be present for the next week. Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas my friends!