If you are looking for something fun to do with kids in Baldwin, Bethel Park, Brentwood, Bridgeville, Castle Shannon, Dormont, Jefferson Hills, Mt. Lebanon, Mt. Oliver, Mt. Washington, Pleasant Hills, South Park, South Side, Upper St. Clair, West Mifflin and the surrounding areas, MacKID South Hills has you covered by finding five fun things for you to do with your kids in the area or a short drive away over the coming week. Let us help you find your family fun!
Here are Macaroni KID South Hills' top picks of fun things to do with kids in the South Hills of Pittsburgh area from Monday, May 23rd - 29th, 2022. Click on the links for all the details.
1. SouthShore Riverwalk and Chalk Fest
If there was ever a spring festival that spoke my love language, this would be it! On Saturday, May 28th, SouthSide Works will be hosting over 20 international chalk artists to chalk up spectacular interactive murals at the SouthShore Riverwalk & Chalk Fest. This free event happens from 2-6pm and features public art, live entertainment, local brews, and the best mobile eats in town to benefit Riverlife. southsideworks.com
2. Go to School... Mr. Messado's School of Magic that is!
🎩 Mr. Messado’s School of Magic for the Young and Young at Heart brings a fresh new take on the age-old art of prestidigitation. Join superstar magician Mr. Messado for his new astonishing play designed exclusively for Liberty Magic. Time tested through thousands of performances at appearances around the world, schools, company events, private parties and more, Mr. Messado’s Magic School for the Young and Young at Heart will have both teens AND adults amazed from start to finish! Mr. Messado's School of Magic takes place at Liberty Magic on Sunday's at 2pm and is a 60-minute performance. trustarts.org/magic
3. Attend the Public Screening for A Season to Remember: The Baseball Boys of Mon City
Watch a FREE Public Screening of A Season to Remember: The Baseball Boys of Mon City on the evening of Wednesday, May 25 at Ringgold Middle School in Monongahela. The event is sponsored by the Pittsburgh Pirates, cfsbank, and the Monongahela Area Historical Society. And what better way to end the evening than with the beloved Western Pennsylvania cookie table. These baseball themed sweets will be baked by the Wedding Cookie Table Community. The Frye Funeral Home in Monongahela is providing beverages.
4. Plan a fun Outdoor Activity for the family!
- ICYMI, Triple B Farm's opened up Pop's Farmyard Outdoor Farm Fun a little over a week ago. They have acres of farm fresh family fun (like a giant slide, maze, duck races, and more) for all to enjoy, plus some fantastic produce in their market for you to do your weekly shopping.
- Sunday, May 29th is one of two PA Fish for Free Day's so grab your rod and bait and go reel one in! Look here to find the nearest trout stocked waters in the South Hills for your family fishing adventure.
- Farm Heritage Day is on May 28th and The Springhouse will be celebrating with Farm Tours, Old Fashioned Games & Chores, Ice Cream Eating Contest, & Goof Eats!
- Explore some of our favorite parks as this weekend marks the official start date for spay park season.
- Download a geocaching app and take your little explorers on an adventure right in your neighborhood.
- Keep an eye on the MacKID South Hills events calendar for more family friendly outdoor events!
5. Start Booking your Summer Camps
Pittsburgh is fortunate to have so many local summer programs to cater to truly everyone. We listened to your feedback and scoured to find summer programs for kids of ALL ages and ALL budgets to create the most comprehensive Summer Camp Guide around to help you plan ahead and get your kids enrolled in some organized summer fun! We'll continue to add more camps and programs weekly, so be sure to check back often.
This week's new Summer Camp programs include:
6. Plan Ahead
With so much happening around the 'Burgh each day, there are definitely some things that require some planing ahead, so you can book your tickets (or at least enter to win some from Macaroni KID). Browse our event calendar to see what is coming up that you are looking forward to!
Blippi the Musical comes live to The Palace Theatre in Greensburg, PA on Thursday, June 16th. Doors open at 5:00PM / Show at 6:00PM. Reserved seating tickets are available now at ThePalaceTheatre.org.
- Register Today for June 5th Greenfield Glide 5K in Schenley Park
- If you don't have a library card to your local library, now is the time to get one. With so many summer reading programs and opportunities for free museum admission, you won't want to miss out!
- Start a Summer Family Fun Fund!
While your family is out and about finding your family fun this week, tag us on social media using #pghmackid for a chance to be featured in our stories and win a MacKID prize! Are you hosting an event you want us to know about? Submit your information here, so we can get it on our calendar.
Looking for more fun in the South Hills of Pittsburgh, PA?
Sign up today for our weekly Macaroni KID South Hills newsletter, so you never miss a thing!