Notes regarding timeDoors open at 5:30 p.m.
The long shadows of fall and the towering Carrie Blast Furnaces set the stage for a spooky night at the drive-in movies.
Bonus! An optional ghost tour will be available after these films. Ticketing and details for this activity are still pending—check back soon!
Admission to the Carrie Carpool Cinema is $12 for adults and $8 for kids—and $3 of each ticket purchased directly supports the conservation of this National Historic Landmark. Each night of this drive-in movie experience offers a feature film paired with pre-event activities. Starting times are adjusted for sunset throughout the season. Be sure to arrive early if you want to take a mini-tour of the furnaces before the movie starts (additional fees apply). Social distancing policies apply outside of all vehicles.
Cost$12 for adults and $8 for kids
WHAT TO KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- What to wear: Face masks are required to be worn for the duration of your visit for all guests, whenever you are outside of your vehicle. Please dress for the weather. Additionally, the ground is uneven—sensible shoes are a must. Sneakers or boots are recommended. Open-toed shoes and high heels are prohibited.
- Maintain social distance: Signage has been placed throughout the site reminding you to maintain a safe distance of six feet from others.
- Parking: Vehicles will be spaced in a fan pattern around the screen, with more than 10 feet between each vehicle in a row. Attendants will direct vehicles to the next available space in the order that the vehicles drive in. Larger SUVs and trucks will be directed further to the back, with smaller cars to the front.
- Restrooms & concessions: The rawness of the site is certainly part of its charm. However, that rawness also limits the creature comforts many of us are accustomed to, like running water. Portable bathrooms, hand washing stations and hand sanitizer are available. Food amenities for this event will be provided by Fudge Farm. Grills are prohibited.
- Tours: Patrons who have signed up for mini-tours should arrive when the site opens. After parking in their spot, they will be directed to check in for the tour separately. Tour content is targeted to ages 8+, but younger children are welcome. Be advised the tour is mostly outside, and social distancing policies are in place.
- Photography: Photography is permitted. For safety reasons, videography and drones are prohibited.
- Accessibility: Handicapped parking is available, but the grounds are not wheelchair accessible.
- Liability: By purchasing admission tickets, all visitors consent to the terms of our liability waiver and consent to be photographed (PDF).
- Admission: Site access is limited to guided tours, workshops, and events. Unless otherwise noted, all admissions are ticketed.
- Duration: Running times for movies will vary.
- Children: While kids of all ages are welcome, parents or guardians must accompany youth under 17 for R rated movies.
- Pets: While we love animals, pets are prohibited at the Carpool Cinema and on tours.
- Location: The entrance to the Carrie Furnaces is located at Carrie Furnace Boulevard, Rankin, PA 15104.