Want to learn the secrets to making GIANT bubbles? We’ve got the scoop for you on how you can easily make giant bubbles right in your backyard to entertain your kids and amaze your friends and neighbors.
Giant bubble solution
What you need:
- 12 cups of warm water
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup Dawn (original) dish detergent
1. Mix the water with the corn syrup and slowly add the Dawn. Stir gently as to not create too many bubbles. You'll need those for later!
2. Let the bubble solution sit for at least an hour (the longer the better!).
3. Store the solution in a clean gallon milk or water bottle.
Now it's time to play with your bubbles! But first, you need a ... giant bubble wand!
No worries — a giant bubble wand is easy to make. Here's how to make a giant bubble wand:
Johncairns via Canva
Giant bubble wand
- 2 wooden dowels (approx. 36 inches long)
- 2 pieces of rope (one about 100 inches long and the other about 65 inches long)
1. Tie one end of the 65-inch rope to the end of one dowel, then repeat on the other dowel.
2. Then tie one end of the 100-inch rope a few inches below the top rope and repeat on the other dowel.
This will form a large opening for the bubble to form.
To make giant bubbles
Put your giant bubble solution into a bucket. Swirl your giant bubble wand into the bubble solution and slowly raise up your dowels, separating the two sticks as far as they will go. If you have enough of a breeze, you may not even need to move! Otherwise, start walking slowly and be amazed at the GIANT bubble you're creating!