Fun Facts & Mac Kid Discount Code
You don't want to miss How To Train Your Dragon Live Spectacular! Visit the website at http://dreamworksdragonslive.com/ for more information, and read these amazing facts!
THE MOST TECHNICALLY ADVANCED TOUR INTEGRATING ANIMATRONICS, PROJECTIONS, LIVE CAST AND NEW TECHNOLOGIES.
• Global Creatures & DreamWorks have partnered to bring the Academy-Award® nominated film to life with real flying, fire-breathing dragons.
• The production is four years in the making.
• The production has the largest number of animatronics ever to tour the globe.
• The Red Death Dragon is the largest animatronic ever built by Creature Technology Company at over 40 feet high and 60 feet wide.
HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON LIVE SPECTACULAR IS THE LARGEST FAMILY TOUR EVER PRODUCED!
• Travels in over 30 18-Wheeler Trucks (52’ each) with a touring cast & crew of 85.
• Together the show weighs over 200,000 pounds.
• It would take one person over a year to load in the production.
• Takes over 160 people to set up the production in each city (the equivalent of one person working 24 hours over 70 days).
• If all the cables in the production were laid out end to end, they would stretch from Los Angeles to New York City.
DRAGONS TAKE TO THE SKY WITH GROUND-BREAKING TECHNOLOGY!
• The production created the first-ever touring flight track system that weighs over 28 tons.
• The flight track uses a proprietary barcode system. The creatures scan a barcode strip as they fly around the track which tells them (and us) where they are at all times.
• Toothless weighs over 7,500 pounds and flies over 1.2 miles throughout the performance which is equivalent to a Range Rover soaring through the arena.
• There are more automation cues in the opening sequence alone than a Broadway musical has in a night.
• The first-ever fully immersive live experience with projection spanning more than 20,000 square feet throughout the entire arena. The back projection wall is equivalent to 9 movie screens combined.
THE DRAGON FACTS & FIGURES.
• Produced over a two-year period in Melbourne, Australia
• 23 Dragons
• 12 Different Dragon Species Represented
• Dragon wings span up to 46ft
• Each large dragon weighs over 2.6 tons (the size of a family car)
• Over 2 miles of “Dragon Skin” was created
HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON LIVE SPECTACULAR FOLLOWS ON THE HEELS OF THE HUGE SUCCESS OF WALKING WITH DINOSAURS!
• Before "Walking With Dinosaurs," no free-roaming animatronics of this scale existed.
• Creature Technology Company has become a world leader in animatronic technology.
• "Walking With Dinosaurs" was #1 in Worldwide Ticket Sales in 2010, ahead of Bon Jovi, AC/ DC and Black Eyed Peas with over 6.5 million tickets sold worldwide to date.
HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON LIVE SPECTACULAR will play at the CONSOL Energy Center August 23-26th. Tickets are on sale now and start at $19.50 plus applicable facility fees and service charges. They may be purchased through the Dick’s Sporting Goods Box Office at CONSOL Energy Center or through Ticketmaster. A limited number of premium seats and special VIP ticket experiences and family packages are also available. CLICK HERE to purchase tickets, for showtimes and much more. There are three amazing VIP packages as well. CLICK HERE for details on how to meet the dragons as well as other VIP opportunities!
SPECIAL OFFER....SAVE 25% on weekday performances (including Friday nights) by entering the code MOM in the promo box which says "MOMMY BLOG" Get great seats for a big discount for select seats!